Monday, April 6, 2009

Another Monday

Today was another Monday. I met with my coaching partner today for the first time. It was a really good experience. She shared with me what she has learned about the importance of being able to love yourself and of putting your trust in God. I know her words were meant for me to hear. These are both things that I continue to struggle with, but I'm making improvements each day!

I'm staying with the in-laws tonight! We watched a CRAZY episode of House that somehow related to my life right now. It opened with a wife telling her husband it was okay to die, and before he takes his last breath the wife has heart failure. Somehow he managed to gather the strength to call help for her, which prolonged his life. In the end she died and he lived. It's strange that when we come to a new place in life we are able to see life through through the same lens of those who have been in that place before us. The wife now saw life from the same perspective her husband had seen life, and he saw life from her perspective (watching a spouse die). So much of our lives is similar to the lives of others. As my mentor said to me, "the themes are the same, but the content is different." Just something to think about!

I am finished with my paper on My Growth in Emotional Competency, and I couldn't be more glad to have that paper behind me. So much inward reflection is hard exhausting work!

What an accomplishment! I've posted two days in a row!!

No comments: