Today began with coffee at J-Cup with Amanda! It's always great to spend time with her. Then I met my mentor and we visited patients. I felt more comfortable visiting patients today than I have in the past. I guess the more you do it the more comfortable you get with it, but I don't think it is something I will ever be completely at ease about and that's okay. I don't think you should be completely at ease with it because each patient and each family are different. You never know what you are going to encounter with each visit. Today's visits were good and I continue to learn so much from my mentor.
This evening Ben and I went to the Maundy Thursday service at church. It was a very moving service. Believe it or not I cried, which is unusual for me. I will never be able to understand the depth of Christ's love. I find myself not being able to fathom how the blood of Christ covers MY sin. I feel so undeserving. Why me, Lord? It seems like that question has been coming up a lot in my life lately. Nevertheless I am grateful to be cleansed by the blood of Christ.
This evening I watched the movie Wit. It is about an english professor who is diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer. She decides to take an aggressive experimental treatment for eight months that makes her extremly sick. This movie gives you another perspective on death, dying, and caring for the dying. It is sure to move you to tears!
I thought I would close this post with a hymn that we sand at the Maundy Thursday service tonight.
Jesus, At Your Holy Table - Tom Allen
Jesus at your holy table, may our hearts united be.
Bind us with your grace and presence that redeem and set us free.
Crucify our pride and hatred, light the path on which we walk.
Teach us how to love each other, in the way that you have taught.
Christ, remind us of your passion, of your precious life outpoured,
Of the love which none can fathom, and our victory evermore.
Bread of heaven, wine of promise, feed us with your holy word.
Nourish us with your strong presence, risen savior, only Lord.
Lift your hearts and raise your voices, celebrate this wonderous love.
Join the chorus with all Chrisitans, and with saints who live above.
Silent lips now sing with gladness, blinded eyes are filled with sight.
Jesus' love has pierced our darkness, bro't us home to peace and light.
No comments:
Post a Comment