Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

Ben and I spent Easter weekend in Savannah with my family. When we got to Savannah on Friday afternoon we found Mom, Dad, Carson, and Jennifer sitting around the kitchen table talking about insurance (medical and auto). Carson will be graduating in a little over a month, which means he will no longer be able to stay on my parents' insurance plans. My dad did some research and presented them with some options.

Mom and Dad gave us out Easter baskets on Friday since Carson, Jennifer, Ben, and I were all together. Each one was filled with all sorts of goodies suited for each person.

Friday evening Ben, Carson, Jamie, Reagan, and I went to the Jennifer's home to dye Easter eggs. This is a tradition that the Powell family has been doing for a while. Jennifer's mom has always has some snacks set out for us including jello in the shape of eggs. How fun!

After we dyed eggs we went back to my parents house to eat dinner. Mom made made a wonderful meal including cream cheese chicken, orzo, and green beans. Then we had brownie sundaes with homemade ice cream for dessert. It was so good!

Saturday morning we went out for breakfast with Aunt Brenda, Mr. Chuck, Jamie, Reagan, and Thomas, a usual Saturday morning tradition. Following breakfast mom and I went to Dress Barn and did some shopping. I ended up spending all of by b-day money plus some of mom's money. I bought two dresses, two pair of shows, three pair of pants, a skirt, and three shirts. Retail therapy is great!

Saturday afternoon my family went out to Jamie's house to watch Reagan hunt Easter eggs since Carson would not be there on Sunday because he has a church job. We had a good time and saw Regan's new pets that the Easter bunny brought her, which was two bunnies.

Poppie called on Saturday and told Dad that since they did not get Easter cards in the mail to us, he wanted us to go eat at the Salt Water Grille for dinner and he would send dad a check in the mail to pay for the dinner. So that's what we did. I had the pecan crusted grouper with mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was delicious.

On Sunday we went to church and enjoyed the worship service. The music sung by the choir was especially good! Following church mom had Dada, Aunt Brenda, Mr. Chuck, Jamie, Reagan, Thomas, and the Bell family over for lunch. Mom had a great meal including turkey, ham, dressing, squash casserole, mac and cheese, carrott souffle, strawberry pretzel salad, peas, homemade rolls, and a spread of wonderful desserts. It was all delicious!

After lunch we hid Easter eggs for Reagan to find. She is certainly good at finding those eggs. Ben and I left Savannah around 4:30 to head back to Macon. It was a great weekend.

No comments: