Ben and I had an excellent weekend together! Saturday morning we got up around 7am to have breakfast at J. Christopher's with Ben's parents before they had to head to Rome for Matt's track meet. Following breakfast we began our tour for central Georgia. We first headed 45 minutes south to Hawkinsville to help Carson and Jennifer look for a home, which they found and made an offer on and negotiations are well under way! HOORAY for them! After house hunting Ben and I drove some more. This time we drove an hour and a half to Milledgeville to see the movie 17 Again! You may wonder why we went all the way to Milledgeville to see a movie! Well, we received a Carmike Movie Theatre gift certificate for Christmas, and we don't have a Carmike Theatre in Macon. So, Ben and I decided to make a little trip out of it. We got to M-Ville early so we walked around the mall for a little while. I purchased the children's book Runaway Bunny (a book of great symbolism) and some decorations (on sale) for the Georgia themed couple's shower I will be hosting for Carson and Jennifer in October! The movie was good, but was more like a "teeny bopper" movie. If you want to see something lighthearted and fun this would be a good choice for you! After the movie Ben and I headed to the Brick, a local pizza place in Milledgeville! The pizza was great!
Sunday we went to church, then came home to do our own things for the afternoon. I caught up on some school work, while Ben did some yard work. Later in the afternoon I went to the Esther Bible Study, only we did not study Esther this week because we had a couple ladies missing due to illness. Instead we took a tour of Melissa's AMAZING garden and then delivered some food to the sick ones! I think they really enjoyed it. When I got back home Ben and I went to the River Walk to exercise. We would jog for a little bit, then have to stop and walk, then we would jog some more. Neither one of us has very much endurance! I think we jogged about a mile total and walked about three miles, which pleased me! After exercising we came home and watched Wit one more time before I have to return it and so I can be ready to talk about it with my mentor on Wednesday. We had a great weekend together!
Today was Mr. Chuck's surgery. They were unable to do the surgery laprscopicly as they had hoped, but the surgery went well! The doctor removed 18" of colon, but they said they don't think it is cancerous after all! This is GREAT news.
1 comment:
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
Post a Comment