My semester came to a close this week and I am very grateful that it is over. It was certainly a long tough semester. My summer officially began yesterday with visiting Hospice patients with my mentor. It was a good day of visits and I noticed a couple of themes in the conversations we had with patients. The first was that three of the patients and their families that we visited all said that keeping busy is what has kept them going. This made me realize that it is okay for me to keep busy; however, I need not be overwhelmed with anxiety when I am not busy. This is something I have to really work on this summer though I don't think I will have a lot of down time until midsummer.
The beginning of my summer is very busy. I plan to be a counselor at children's overnight camp June 1-4. When I return I have a couple of days before Julia and I fly to see Christina in Virgina. I am really looking forward to this trip and the opportunity to hang out with the girls and get to meet baby Emmalee for the first time. When we return from VA I have a week off before Ben and I head to El Salvador on a mission trip with the church. We will be building houses with the Fuller Center for Housing. After that trip my brother and I head to Houston, TX for CBF National General Assembly July 1-4. Then my summer begins to slow down a bit. The only other trip we have planned for the summer is to go to Wilmington, NC for vacation July 17-21. After this I'm free until August 24, when classes start again. It looks like I'm going to have a busy summer between traveling and volunteering at Hearltand Hospice.
I think it will be a good summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment