Friday, May 22, 2009

Pre Backpacking Trip

Ben and I, accompanied by Jamie and Thomas, plan to leave Macon at 6 am tomorrow for my first backpacking trip. We will be going to Panther Creek which is located between Toccoa and Tallulah Gorge. This evening we have been packing our bags and weighing them to see whose pack is the heaviest. Ben won the award for the heaviest pack weighing in at 45 lbs. Jamie won the award for the lightest pack weighing in at 23 lbs. Mine weighs 30 lbs. Below is a picture of our packs. See if you can guess which pack belongs to each person! I'll tell you the answer in my post backpacking trip udate!

I am looking forward to the trip though I am a little concerned about the weather. The forecast calls for a 40% chance of rain tomorrow and Sunday and a 30% chance of rain for Monday. Ben thinks we will be okay and says this may keep the trail from being so crowded. We'll just have to wait and see. If we get too wet the back up plan is to head to the cabin in Cleveland. I think this weekend is certainly going to be an adventure.

1 comment:

Jean Trotter said...

I am in Habersham right now, and the weather is fine. Maybe it will hold off this weekend, at least enough to let you enjoy your trip. Panther Creek is nice. If anybody breaks a leg or something and you need me, call my cell. We're here until Monday morning. Have fun!